Utilities charges are for the gas and electricity used on your pitch in 2022 and we’ve provided documents with the details of the consumption. On your documents, you’ll see:
- Availability charge: which covers infrastructure, maintenance and meter readings for gas and electricity
- Electricity charges: for the electricity consumption
- Gas charges: for the consumption of gas and can be supplied in one of three ways: bottled gas, metered gas or piped gas, this determined by the pitch that your holiday home is sited on. It could be supplied to your holiday home via:
- Bottled gas is available to purchase in various sizes, current prices are available at the reception. Unlike the other types of gas this is billed throughout the year post-delivery. If you have used bottled gas, you will have seen these charges on your Statement of Account throughout the year.
- Metered gas charge is made up of two elements, unit charge for consumption and an availability charge.
- Piped gas is when your holiday home is in an area where there are no meters. We supply gas on a shared consumption basis and your charge is calculated using an unmetered daily rate based on average consumption.
We’ve been working incredibly hard to keep your utilities charges low. However, as you will be more than aware, gas and electricity prices have suffered significant increases in 2022 due to many inflationary factors.
We continually review market prices to ensure that we secure the most competitive tariffs for you. VAT is applied to these charges and the detail can be found on your VAT invoice.
You can view your documents here: can view here.