Utilities charges are for the gas and electricity used on your pitch in 2021 and we’ll provide documents with the details of the consumption. You will see:
- Availability charge: which covers infrastructure, maintenance and meter readings for gas and electricity
- Electricity charges: for the electricity consumption
- Gas charges: for the consumption of gas and can be supplied in one of three ways: bottled gas, metered gas or piped gas, this determined by the pitch that your holiday home is sited on.
- Bottled gas is available to purchase in various sizes, current prices are available at your Reception. Unlike the other types of gas this is billed throughout the year post-delivery. If you have used bottled gas, you will have seen these charges on your statement of account throughout the year.
- Metered gas charge is made up of two elements, unit charge for consumption and an availability charge.
- Piped gas is when your holiday home is in an area where there are no meters. We supply gas on a shared consumption basis and your charge is calculated using an unmetered daily rate based on average consumption.
Utility prices are affected by many factors and fluctuate daily. We continually review market prices to ensure that we secure the most competitive tariffs for you.
The VAT rate on bottled gas, metered gas and electricity is 5%. And the VAT rate on piped gas is 12.5%. We charge VAT on the various elements of caravan ownership based on the rules and guidance set by HMRC. For piped gas the applicable VAT rate is driven by a number of factors, but one of the key ones is that we aren’t currently able to meter individual caravan usage.
You can view your documents here.